Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally

I finally got around to adding a blog to my blogroll I had wanted to add from the first I had heard of it. Luckily she visited mine and left a comment, and I did it.

It's A Soldier's Mother. She has another good blog, This is Israel.

I wonder why it has taken so long for me to do it.

I had four years of full time soldier-mothering. Of that time, the middle two years both my sons were in the IDF. I had them set up their room with storage boxes filled with enough uniforms, socks, gotkes etc so that I didn't have to run the washing machine the minute they came home and pray that the sun would stand still long enough for things to be washed and dried before Shabbat. It took that stress out of the period.

They were in during Ehud Barak's reign of terror, when going to Jerusalem was more frightening than Shechem and Jenin.

My elder son was in Lebanon during the war Ehud Olmert would rather delete from history. If you go to that Havel Havelim I hosted not long ago, you'll see a picture of him.

And now, my baby has milu'im, reserve duty, in a couple of weeks.

No comments: