Friday, October 24, 2008

I Feel Yuck

For the past few days, my ears felt funny, and I had a strange cough. Then last night it all began feeling worse, and now I realize that I have one of those chest-ear-throat things.

Not pleasant. My coughs are now frightening and hurt.

I hope I can buy lemons. They're my cure, lots of lemons squeezed into water. Vitamin C tablets aren't as effective. And when suddenly the lemon-water tastes too awful to drink, I know that I'm getting better.

It's never a "good time" to be sick, but G-d willing I'll be fine by Sunday, since I have lots planned for the week.

5 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Refuah shlaimah.

Leora said...

Feel good. I'll give you my throat concoction: peel and slice a garlic clove (or 2). Put the garlic in a mug. Slice off peel from a ginger root; cut some ginger root into the mug. Add hot water. Add hot pepper sauce (or a hot pepper).

If too spicy for you, add some honey.

Can you get herbal remedies with astralagus root? That helped me with my cold this week.

Shabbat Shalom.

Batya said...

mrs.s and leora, thanks

leora, that sounds interesting. My greengrocer gave me a slice of horseraddish to chew. And when he dilivered the lemons, which I had forgotten, he saw that I had fever and told me to take lots of cammomile tea.

I spent Shabbat on the couch, could't move since Friday afternoon. When I finally ate, I had some tchina with the juice of an entire lemon.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Fresh Garlic.

The most tasty way to eat it is to spread butter on a piece of bread, slice the garlic thin, and sprinkle with salt.

Eat at least two whole, fresh (uncooked) cloves a day.

Feel better!

Batya said...

Thanks, Rivkah, maybe I'll have it for breakfast, especially if I can find some wholewheat challah left over from Shabbat.

ps Is that your secret for seeming so strong?