Thursday, December 11, 2008

Diet Food and Vanilla

Here's the vanilla extracting in the vodka. I started it a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely getting darker, but when I opened up for a sniff, it was still more vodka than vanilla.

Today, so far, not counting the sugar in my morning coffee and the fact that the fatless milk makes me nauseous and isn't a staple in my fridge, I've been keeping to my Start Fresh diet. I even had a snack, a cup up apple in goats yogurt.

I started the day, the meals of the day, with tzfatit cheese, a white cheese, tastier than feta. I calculated that instead of my 1/3 of a pack per portion, I should only have 1/4 package. As you can see, I had it with salad and dressed it with olive oil. I think I function better with cooked vegetables in the morning. I was hungry, unless it was just the "davka diet hunger" I was suffering from.


The following picture is from yesterday's breakfast, a vegetable omelet and salad served with freshly chopped horseradish, "preserved" in vinegar.


Next you'll see the first course we had
last night, a "nuveau" version of sushi, with avocado and vegetables. I should have skipped it and walked around socializing, instead.

And here's yesterday's lunch, fish, vegetables and salad, sprinkled with some Tamari sauce. It kept me full for ages.



It's cold out, but I should really go for a walk. And then I'll make supper.
PS I really ought to let you know that the diet plan has a customer service which answers my questions. That really does make a difference. I've also made requests, explaining that I find certain foods, like my techina very filling with salad.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

I wouldn't suffer on that diet, something tells me. Looks great.

Batya said...

There is a minimum amount of vegetables, but there's no maximum, and I find the salad and vegetables very filling. I don't miss carbs.