Friday, December 05, 2008

Next Time

Please remind me!

Next time I'm hosting Havel Havelim, I really ought to find a way of telling bloggers to submit posts staggered throughout the week as they post them. This morning, I thought I was ready, almost ready.

All of the posts I had received were in the draft, and I had also written the introduction and conclusion. Then, just now, I checked my mail and found another dozen, half from one blogger. Now, honestly, I don't mind including six from a single blogger. I frequently send in that many myself, but they're staggered over the week.

Yes, I know that some hosts strictly limit the amount of posts per blog or blogger, but I don't. As a blogger, I can't judge what other people would rather read, and as a host I'm not going to grade and sort posts. We're not getting paid. We're doing this for fun, so why obsess?

Now, I must get back into the kitchen, and Shabbat comes in real early, so I don't know when I'll go over the new ones. Sorry for kvetching.

Shabbat Shalom

2 comments:

Leora said...

My impression with HH (as opposed to KCC or JPIX) is that people often blog about newsworthy events, so people might think Friday, send something to HH. And our Friday starts later than yours.

Well, good luck with it. Looking forward to reading after Shabbat.

Shabbat Shalom.

Batya said...

Leora, thanks for reminding me of the time difference. Friday morning my time, I considered it basically finished, just needing the transfer to blogger and the polishing. Now I have close to 30 more posts to add.
I shouldn't complain, since so many were submitted. years ago I had to spend lots of time searching, and now I hardly searched at all.