Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thank G-d It Didn't Taste Good

Since I'm a week and a half into the Start Fresh kosher diet, I'm trying to be more "careful" about what I eat, but I don't want to feel deprived, because that causes food cravings and lack of control binging.

So, today at the Kiddush (snack) after synagogue I wasn't quite sure what to eat. I knew there would be vegetable sticks, since I brought some, and they're on the basic menu in my neighborhood. But I had to have some sort of cracker, pretzel, something with wheat. Then I saw the Jerusalem Kugel, which I like when it's good. It's an interesting combination of sugar and pepper and noodles. Actually it's rather difficult to get it right, and thank G-d, whoever made this morning's should do it all the time. It was awful. One bite was all I could stomach. I put it away, and kept eating salad.

We had artichokes for lunch, and I ate it with a double fat portion in the form of avocado. That was still within the diet. I had my third "fat" as sesame paste with salad.

Actually I don't eat much on Shabbat, especially when nothing's very tempting.

I'll make up tomorrow's menu tomorrow morning.

No comments: