Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Fasting Cold

Today's a fast day, no eating, no drinking. There are all sorts of "dietary advice" on how to prepare your body to make fasting easier. I did buy a bottle of water when I was walking around Jerusalem. And I did walk and photograph a lot.


I ate my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet food. The night before, I made my self a vegetable omelet with some veggies and two eggs. I ate it at Matan before the Tanach, Bible class.


Then for lunch I bought a salad for ns20- which had a bit of tuna, corn, a couple of black olives, carrots, half a hard-boiled egg, tomatoes and cucumbers.


And yes, I walked a lot. I wasn't hungry when I was busy. And I was busy, since
I packed the Packages for Israeli soldiers.


At night I had a good diet dinner of vegetables, salad and chicken. But then when I was waking up, I was so thirsty and hungry. I was craving my routine water and coffee. And then I remembered the pre-fast advice I didn't take. I didn't have my complex carbohydrates, and I'm allowed a couple of servings at this stage of the diet.

It's cold. Dieting makes me cold, cold and miserable. Six hours to go. But how can I kvetch so much when our soldiers are really suffering?

No comments: