Monday, January 05, 2009

Getting Ready to Fast

During my jogging day, which lasted a few years and caused me more back and knee pain than I ever had before or since, I'd break my fast on some fruit and head out the door. I was still nursing my youngest when I started and didn't wean him until I'd been jogging over a year, and he was almost two. I guess I looked good then.

I'm not a runner by nature; I'm a dancer. Jogging was torture and I never really speeded up.

Now why did I get into that?

Yes, tomorrow's a fast day, and since I'm on the Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet, I want to do things right. Basically, their advice is to drink extra water but eat normally the day before and have no more than half the food allowance and lots of water after the fast.

So, today, I must remember to drink more water.

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Drinking lots of water before a fast is a good idea for everyone - even those who aren't on a diet.

Have an easy and meaningful fast!

Batya said...

thanks, you, too

I bought myself a large bottle of water when in Jerusalem. I'll take it easy tomorrow.