Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not Keeping Up

I haven't been able to "crack" a hundred in my emails. Last night I found over two hundred, and I haven't been under a hundred for awhile, so if you've sent something and I haven't answered, nothing personal. I'm just overwhelmed, over-stressed.

I also haven't been visiting blogs, so again, nothing personal.

The good news is that I've lost another pound on my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet . That makes it 9 pounds or just over 4 kilo since started a month ago. One more week in the basic program.

These food tips from the NY Times seem mostly good, but I'm surprised that New Yorkers rely on canned pumpkin, when we get a better version of the fresh product here in Israel.

Most of my posting is on Shiloh Musings.

Yes, you can blame the war.

6 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Kol hakavod!

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Canned pumpkin, yes...

Some of those foods seem so hard to stomach, though...but I try to eat some of them.

Batya said...

Mrs. S. thanks, hard being out of touch. One of my former students, a neighbor, was lightly injured.

t' can't you get fresh food? Canned, the thought of it turns my stomach.

Leora said...

Haven't you learned not to believe everything you read in the NY Times? I can't stomach canned pumpkin. I don't cook with pumpkin, but I do use squash a lot, only fresh.

Take care. My thoughts are with the soldiers and the people of the south. Mostly the soldiers.

Mrs. S. said...

May your neighbor - and all the wounded - have a refuah shlaimah.

Batya said...

Leora, I certainly don't believe everything and sometimes find the food advice in American publications rediculous, like the canned pumpkin. I took a new batch of Machane Yehuda pics, yummy.

Mrs S, amen!