Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Good Diet News

My diet support group is growing. Actually, it doubled. OK, from two to four participants, but that's an improvement. One had always wanted to come, but she needs a reminder call. And the other has tried other groups and decided to join mine.

At this point, I'm not charging money. I'm practicing. Each week I find a different theme to help with dieting and nutrition. I like the group small, so I can help each one individually. This week was complicated, since one member doesn't know enough Hebrew to follow all in Hebrew and one knows some English, but it's a new vocabulary to talk diet. Another is multi-lingual, so I had to keep switching languages.

Today we discussed the various colored fruit and vegetables and the differences and how to serve them.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

For me, I have tried a totally different approach to diet. It's called I don't diet anymore!
After reading a book by Linda Bacon, Health at Every Size, it's changed me as a person.
I no longer look in the mirror at that ugly person, all I see now is a beautiful person. I was always at war with myself, angry that I couldn't just lose weight, afterall it's easy right...
Well there is no trick, all you have to learn is to love yourself, your body, your weight and great things will happen.
This book isn't a quick lose 20lbs book at all, it's for the long term. Which is what we women want, we don't want to temporarily lose it and it to come back. We want it gone forever.

Batya said...

Chrissy, I'm not on a temporary "diet." I've changed my eating, and I eat a lot but better. The weight is coming off, and when it stops coming off, it won't mean that I've failed or have to starve.

When I counsel people I tell them that they must never suffer to lose weight.

chrissy said...

that's excellent advise...all I wanted to hear was no matter what you are doing good, before i heard what I should weigh and why I was failing...that was hard to hear.

Batya said...

Chrissy, thanks! I appreciate it.

RCJ said...

I agree with Chrissy - Don't DIET anymore! There is a way to have the food and drink that you want and still look like a million dollars....no matter what your size.

You can check out my blog at

http://thepinupgirldiet.blogspot.com

or go to the site at

http://thepinupgirldiet.com

Don't spend any more countless dollars on fads, trainers and the like. Seriously.

Here is to ALL of us looking foxy in the upcoming swimsuit season!

Rachel