Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Closing Comments On Specific Posts

I have a couple of posts that seem to be magnets for spam comments. I guess it has something to do with "key words." Just a few minutes ago, I suddenly realized that I could close comments on those specific posts. I did it on one of them, after deleting over ten comments. This isn't a case for comment moderation, since the spammers target specific posts, and comment moderation slows things down.

There are all sorts of "options," few are taken advantage of. And I still must redo my blogs on newer templates. You'd think I was working or something the way I get nothing done.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I had that. Some post on Networking Ideas kept getting spam from Russia. Same IP address (or similar). I even put the address on a block list. Closing comments stopped them.

I get nothing doneSome tasks are boring. If you have all the time in the world, if you aren't inspired, you (and I mean 'we') aren't going to do them. I guess if you really want to get it done, you can reward yourself in the middle for each tiny part you do end up doing.

Newer templates will probably give you new toys. But maybe you need a different incentive for yourself.

Batya said...

So true, Leora. I still have to get my tickets for this summer's trip.

I need the template, because this one is problematic for some people.