Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gypped! Where's Summer?

It seems like I was gypped this year. Luckily I brought a sweater to New York. I should have brought much heavier clothes. Most days have been cold and rainy. My sister and niece from AZ are really feeling winter.

I bought one cheap umbrella in Penn Station, which was a waste of money and not all that cheap. The metal felt sharp when I opened it, and it kept blowing out in the wrong direction. It has clamped our hiking schedule. My sister and I have had to drive to the supermarkets for our morning shopping, though we hope to walk back from the library and buy lunch at Bagel Mensch. Then we go to see our aunt and cousin in Oceanside.

This post is brought to you by/at the Great Neck Public Library.

12 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

yeh, i brought an umbrella - off to NY tonight.

baltimore was hot and humid and then it stormed yesterday, so really weird weather.

enjoy your stay!

RivkA with a capital A said...

wow, yet another thing we share - my parents and brother live in AZ!

Leora said...

Doesn't feel that cold to me! I guess I like the rain.

Hope you are having a good trip.

rickismom said...

Sure you feel bad? Humidity here today was 85%!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's the same over here rain and lots of fresh air!

Batya said...

~Sarah~ and Leora, I wish we could have f2f'ed, but I had no time to see friends, just family.

RivkA, where in AZ? My sister is in Tempe.

rm, id, the rain reduced our walking opportunities. My sister and I love to walk the mile and to and from the supermarket in the morning.

RivkA with a capital A said...

bro in Phoenix, parents in Scottsdale.

both my sister and brother lived in Tempe when they were at ASU

Batya said...

small world
And what are you doing up at this time? You're not jetlagged.

RivkA with a capital A said...

I have the worst sleeping habbits in the world!

I still hope to post before going to sleep!

We came home from Shavua HaSefer at around 11:45 and I'm still "unwinding"

Batya said...

I landed at 5am and I haven't unwound yet.

RivkA with a capital A said...

I just posted... so now I can go to bed!

Hope you get a good night's sleep!!

Batya said...

Good morning! I'll have to get back to you later.