Saturday, October 03, 2009

No Pictures of Decorated Succah This Year

Would you believe that I didn't decorate it?  I packed my bags to go to NY, and I have tomorrow for that, but I just couldn't even think about the succah.  Rather pathetic, I admit.

Decorating isn't any real work.  We have an enormous box of stuff.  All I need is to bring the box and thumbtacks.

Shabbat/Chag Succot was nice.

Actually I was more relaxed knowing I was packed, because my mind stopped trying to choose what to bring.  When my mind is spinning like that, it's always best to just do whatever is being "planned."  Once it's done, I can relax and cross it off my checklist.

The other night when I couldn't sleep, I found myself, in my mind, writing the Kosher Cooking Carnival, which was due to be posted the next day.  I just couldn't turn my mind off, so I got out of bed, turned on the computer, wrote and posted the KCC and then I could fall alseep.  Sometimes it's just better to use the energy and not fight it. 

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Moadim l'simchah!

Have a safe trip. How long are you going to be away?

Batya said...

thanks, barely a week