Friday, December 18, 2009

Lots and Lots to Do

Not only is this a "short Friday" with minimal time to get ready for Shabbat, but it's Rosh Chodesh, and I've scheduled Women's Prayers at Tel Shiloh.  In addition I still have lots to clean up from the family Chanukah celebration we did yesterday.  The kids and grandkids all came over.  The house is still a mess; not all the dishes, pots, pans etc were washed.

I haven't yet burned the picture CD for the neighbors after the Bat Mitzvah the night before.

Baruch Hashem it's raining, so nobody may show for the Rosh Chodesh prayer group.  The problem there is that some people were planning on coming from Jerusalem, and I have to check if they are and arrange a ride from the bus stop.

I still have cooking to do for Shabbat.  At least we're invited out for tonight, and I've already made a Potato Kugel.  Did you know that Potato Latkes (pancakes) are made from the same "batter" as kugel?

My sons came early to help me prepare, and somehow I ended up telling them to peel and cut up too much potatoes for the latkes.  I ended up with double the batter we needed.  But have no fear, nothing went to waste.  I quickly whipped out some aluminum pans and filled them, poured oil on top and put them in the oven.  My daughter was overjoyed to bring home a large kugel for Shabbat, and we kept the smaller one. 

Since I didn't catch my son in time to tell him to stop frying latkes, I froze the uneaten ones.  Otherwise we would have had a third kugel.

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures.  I don't think I took any at all.  My daughter did grab my camera, since her daughters were using hers.  I don't think we have any pics of the chanukiyot all lit up.

Back to work.

No comments: