Monday, March 15, 2010

Cleaning For Passover

In all seriousness, yes, I have been cleaning, putting things away, like the doll carriages the granddaughters don't play with anymore.  And I went through my husband's dozens and dozens of shirts, throwing out the ripped and stained and trying to rejuvenate some white ones with bleach, a wash and sunshine.  And I did most of the fridge and a closet, so when push comes to shove, all I need to do is wipe.

But I do relate to this little ditty sent by a friend:

Pesach Cleaning 2010

I asked Hashem to tell me
Why my house is such a mess
He asked if I'd been computering
And I had to answer yes

He told me to get off my seat
And tidy up the house
And so I started cleaning up
The smudges off my mouse

I wiped and shined the topside
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my good work
I didn't mean to click

But click I did and oops I found
Such an absorbing site
That I got so way into it
I was into it ALL NIGHT

So nothing's changed except my mouse
It's shiny and so clean
I guess my house will stay a mess....
That seems to be the scene

Stay Healthy!

2 comments:

Merav said...

So true...
BTW
Today I had to use the computer in the teachers' lounge.
From all the leftovers I found when I turned the keyboard upside-down I could feed a flock of birds.

Batya said...

Last Pesach, my husband decided that the laptop shouldn't be used in its usual spot on the dining room table, since it's always on crumbs.

That's another reason to turn it upside down and clean it.