Thursday, March 04, 2010

Pre-Passover Inventory Check!

Here's a recent freezer photo.  I may have too many rolls and pittot for someone who doesn't eat much carbohydrates.


As you may be able to see, I've frozen a couple of servings of vegetable soup.  I figure they can provide meals when I have little time to cook before Passover.  Pesach cleaning is never easy for me.  I'm just not a good, competent house-cleaner.  At least we don't eat in the bedrooms.  I'm very strict about eating only in the official dining areas.  Yes, even when my children were small.  They were never allowed to wander around with cookies, sandwiches and candies.

That's the best trick I can think of to make Pesach cleaning easier, prevent chametz from entering bedrooms, etc.

2 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

My Shabbat meals will be pickings from the freezer... I think I'll be making chicken on a bed of kasha since I have a lot of kasha in the freezer.

Batya said...

One year I made the kasha in the oven, because it was left over, and I didn't want to use the stove already. It came out perfect.