Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Must Admit: That Was Dumb of Me

Last year, during my October visit to the states when I brought my father to Israel, I bought two new radio CDs in the Bug duty free at "natbag*."  One was missing its cord, which challenged me to demand service from a host a uncooperative clerks in various companies.  Of course, they all provided me with more phone numbers, because they "don't handle that sort of snafu."  One even told me that I shouldn't be bothering them at all:
"Why don't you just buy your own cord?  They're not all that expensive."


Last night as I was going to bed, I didn't like the program on the radio, so I decided to play around with it.  Again, OK, the previous time had been many months earlier, I opened the CD part, lifted the disk and saw something strange.  I touched it.  Funny!  It felt like paper.  It lifted out easily.  I replaced the disk, pushed and pressed all sorts of buttons and dials, because I didn't have my reading glasses on, and...

...nu?  What do you think?

*natbag is the transliterated Hebrew abbreviation for Israel's main airport.  It's use in Hebrew on all sorts of important road signs is used as a prime example of how idiotic government workers can be.
By the time I opened the second box and tried to use it, I just couldn't bear to report that the CD player didn't play.  No great tragedy; I used it as a radio.

No comments: