Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Poll Time! What's your hair-covering of choice?

I've set up my first "blogger" poll.

Ladies, this is for you!  That is if you cover your hair...

What type of hair-covering to you use?

The poll is in the upper left sidebar.

And before I go off to finally eat some dinner...
Today when I went to Gilo to tutor I saw that my student (male and 7th grade) had cut his very long hair to chin length.  I asked him why and he said that he felt ready for a change.  I told him that because I cover my hair I can give myself a completely new look every day by choosing a different sort of hat or scarf etc.  Maybe I imagined it, but I think it showed him a very different side to women's hair-covering.  BTW, he's not from a strictly religious home.  I don't know if he has any female relatives who cover their hair and how familiar he is with it.

2 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Could be. He may have never heard a positive word about women's head coverings, especially from a woman, and it's good that he did!

Batya said...

That's how I felt. I gave him a different perspective.