Sunday, April 10, 2011

Super Simple, Extra Healthy, Bake and Serve Meatloaf


"What you see is what you get."

You can say that about my meatloaf.  The only thing you probably for sure can't see in the picture are the eggs I added so the mixture would mix more easily.  There's no flour, bread crumbs or matzah meal as a "binder."  As you can see I mixed the chopped "meat," in this case I used ground turkey, with:
  • onion,
  • eggs
  • tomato and
  • some dehydrated leaves, probably parsley. 
I may have sprinkled in some garlic, too.  There are no laws as to what you can add.  That's why I never give too many details in my recipes.  If I don't have tomato paste or don't want to open up a can, I just cut up a ripe tomato.  Once the meatloaf is cooked, you really can't tell the difference.  This fancy baking (bake & serve) pan is too large for the amount of meat I had, so I added some pieces of squash.  You can add any vegetable you wish, like onions and eggplant.

Enjoy and tell me about your experiments.

PS This is also 100% kosher for Passover.  The truth is that I eat Passover type food all year.  I don't eat grains, carbs, bread etc.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I told my daughter I would make meatloaf for Pesach. She was excited.

You give lots of good ideas for ingredients.

Batya said...

Thanks. Cooking should be fun.