Friday, July 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Thanks to the Good Lord, I'm home.  OK, just 24 hours later than originally scheduled.  My Delta flight was cancelled as we waited to board it.  Hundreds of passengers scrambled to make other plans, including yours truly.  There was all sorts of unexpected "bonding" between strangers as happens at times like that.

With the help of dear relatives I got one of the very last seats, if not the last, on the same flight the next day.  Delta gave me a choice of hotel near the airport or taxi service to/from wherever, plus three $6- food vouchers to be used in the JFK Airport nosh places.  Considering that an apple cost between $1.03 and $1.90 each and kosher food was a scoop of Hagen Daz or some exotic stuff in one food place, there wasn't much to buy.  And I wasn't going to drink coffee when I needed to sleep.

I ended up needing the keys to my daughter's NY studio apartment.  Just the night before at dinner I tried to return the keys and she said:
"Keep them; you never know when you'll need them."
So, now, back to the routine of cooking.  My husband and the freezer (I prepared stuff in advance) are providing most of the Shabbat food.

Thank G-d we're back home safe and sound.  More of my adventures for future posts, G-d willing.

No comments: