Monday, September 12, 2011

Free Faux "Curves" Threw Me A Curve Ball

We have these great exercise machines in the park just acrosss the street, yes, even closer than the pool.


There are a whole bunch of them, state of art, rain-proof etc.  The area is even fenced in to make it more private.  So, I figured a few serious minutes on them in the morning would be a fine way to try to keep my body close to the shape it achieved by exercising in the pool.  As you can see, there are also shade trees, and did I say that they are free for use? 

It was too sunny to go walking by the time I got out of the house, but there was shade, good thing.  The park was empty, just perfect.  Or so I thought.

First problem was that almost all of the seats were wet and I hadn't brought a rag along.  I did my best to dry off a few, sat down and then I heard...


Can you see that small tractor coming through?  Just as I started to work out, it started to work.  It was there to make a new path, since a family will be building in the area of the existing one. There went my privacy.  I also didn't like the idea of breathing in the freshly turned earth.

I worked out another couple of minutes and walked home.  Do "good intentions" burn calories and strengthen muscles?

No comments: