Sunday, September 04, 2011

I Need a Good Dance

I came back from work feeling rather "blahh."  Actually, considering that the rides home were great, and I didn't wait all that long for the first, hardly at all for the second and not at all for the third who insisted on taking me to my door.  I told him that he did the mitzvah fully, mehadrin.  Thank G-d, I really should be grateful, and I am, but it was just one of those nights...

So when Fred sent me this great dance and comedy routine by Bob Hope and  James Cagney, I just had to share it. Dancing is my best sport. I love to dance.



Here's Fred's commentary:
These guys must have done something right, James lived to be 87, and Bob, whom
I listened to on the radio, before TV, made it to 100, died on my dad's birthday.
Googled their bios for more info.

Enjoy the attached....

James Cagney and Bob Hope at a Friar's Club Meeting back when actors were real performers.

Bob Hope was 52 and James Cagney was 56. For the young folks, here is something you probably have never seen before and, unfortunately, you may never see again.
For us older folks, this is the best of the best, and we had it for many years!
This is a side of these two entertainers you hardly ever saw but it shows you their enormous talent.
Bob Hope, the best of the comedians, and Jimmy Cagney...mostly cast as the bad guy, gangster in the movies.

No comments: