Saturday, September 03, 2011

The Shopping "Experience," Neither Catalogues Nor Internet For Me

We've been having some unbelievable sales at Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin where I work.  Jews and Arabs, side by side, search for bargains.  I speak in Hebrew, English and pantomime.  Customers leave with big smiles and bulging bags.

Shopping at sales is fun.
Selling at great prices is fun.

Sometimes I get email notices about bargains and sales from very reliable stores, the same ones I enjoy going to for bargains when I'm in the states.  I just can't buy that way, via the internet.  I have to see the clothes; I have to feel the clothes.

I like talking to the sales people, thanking them.  As a salesperson, I enjoy friendly customers.  And  I do try to be helpful.

Am I just "old-fashioned?"  Are internet sales the way of the future?

No comments: