Friday, September 02, 2011

"You're Doing a Mitzvah; The Car Should Start"

Last night, after working over eight hours of a six hour shift at Yafiz, (night shift is longer than morning shift, especially during busy seasons), I began getting worried about how I'd get home.  The young man who had been driving a group of us north of Sha'ar Binyamin had decided to take his life elsewhere, and I wish him luck, health and success.  But that leaves me without a reliable ride home when I have night or Friday shift.

My boss and another worker made me a sign saying "Shiloh/Ofra," to catch the eye of Rami Levi customers going in that direction.  But when I stood at the place where all the cars exiting go by all I saw were Arabs, and I don't like to advertise where I live.  After a couple of minutes, I saw a young Jewish couple, so I quickly "flashed" my sign at them.

"I don't know if it'll help, but we're going to Eli."
"That would be wonderful if you'd just drop me off at the Shiloh Junction."
They quickly loaded their car, and then it didn't start:
"You're Doing a Mitzvah; The Car Should Start"
Then the car got the hint, started and they drove me to Shiloh.  They increased the mitzvah by not leaving me on the main road, thank G-d.  So, I got home safe and sound.

Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach
Have a Peaceful and Blessed Shabbat

No comments: