Saturday, November 19, 2011

Torah Art on Fingernails?

It's no secret that I favor rather "unconventional" or "surprising" nail polish colors, like aquamarine and  apple green.

A very special friend sent me a link about someone who does a lot more with her nails, Midrash Manicures.


Maybe it's my age.  I need reading glasses for such details.  My "visual talents" aren't what they used to be.  It seems like a lot of effort and expense for something that will last such a short period of time.  I have enough trouble keeping "in the lines" when applying my simple one color nail polish.  I also have trouble keeping my nails "nice" until I have time to redo them.  Yes, I "do" my own manicures.  I also cut my own hair, but that's another story...

2 comments:

Lady-Light said...

Holy mother of--(-by that I mean Rachel Imeinu, of course)! That's the exact nail color I am wearing right now!
It's Sally Hansen's Marine Scene, my all-time favorite. I also have another S.H. color very similar to your 'Apple Green.'
I don't wear reds or pinks anymore, either; my one warm color which I own is orange, but that might change in the future. I might consider yellow...

We have similar tastes, you and I.
(And I just noticed my daughter's name on your Tehillim list--thank you so much!)

Batya said...

I have yellow and orange, too. Purple is my most "ordinary." We are connected somehow....

She's on my daily list, too.