Saturday, May 05, 2012

Thrilling Improv

Life is a constant surprise, isn't it?  We can't control things.  I must have blogged this before that when I studied Creative Dance Choreography the teacher told us that if we fall when performing we must rise gracefully as if it was all choreographed. 

My life has been full of surprises.  That's fine.  I don't like being bored.

A number of years ago, when I was being interviewed for a job (which I didn't get) the boss told me that he was put off by the long list of jobs and professions I had already had.  I told him that they made me more valuable by teaching me much and giving me lots of varied experience.  Obviously, he didn't agree.

I don't think I was ever really "prepared" for the jobs I took.  Most times a new opportunity or challenge or job offer just somehow came my way, and I grabbed/embraced it.  Each job has had its great moments.  I learned from all of them.  We all must learn to accept the unexpected.  Most people rise to the challenge when they must.

Many of us in Israel were very impressed and moved by the athlete Moran Samuel, who after winning the Gold Medal ended up taking the microphone and singing Hatikvah, Israel's National Anthem, after discovering that there wasn't a recording of it.

No comments: