Friday, June 01, 2012

It All Works Out, Thank G-d


Last night I was at a beautiful and special wedding near the Dead Sea.  The groom had studied there and  is very attached to the place.  It's very popular in Israel for kids to pick out of the way places for their weddings.  Setting up a wedding like that can be a logistical nightmare, but Israelis love those sorts of challenges.


For some of us attendees, arranging transportation was the challenge.  I reserved my ride there soon after I got my invitation, but it didn't include the ride home, since the driver had other plans.  When I asked around for a ride back I kept hearing:

"There are always lots of rides back from people who come from work."

Four of us got our ride with the same neighbor, and some others, including my husband arrived on a bus from Jerusalem for Jerusalemites.  We all needed rides home.

We asked everyone we could and couldn't find a ride.  We were getting worried. Then slowly the "no's" became "maybes" and finally the magic "yes."  My husband and I each found separate rides, but that didn't matter.  We'd both get home.  Then his ride said:

"In the end the other passengers are going in a later ride, so there's room for both of you."

I guess that's because we were among the first to leave.   So I informed my ride that I wouldn't need it, and we made it home safe and sound.




4 comments:

Leora said...

I'm glad the rides worked out. Too bad it caused so much anxiety.

The Dead Sea looks just as it did in 2008 - seems like time stands still there!

Batya said...

Leora, it's smaller now. You have to walk further to get to the water. But the area is just as beautiful.

Anonymous said...

something about the judean desert/dead sea always captivates me. gradeur of the desert.

Batya said...

a, yes, there's a soothing quiet
in the landscape