Friday, June 08, 2012

Wear What You Want!

One of the things I love about living in Israel is that there are fewer "rules" about what to wear. 

Some of you may think I'm nuts, because I do live in a world in which women (at least most) carefully adhere to the Jewish religious laws of  tzniyut,  modesty.  But dressing within those laws are liberating and can be very creative.  It's not a strict uniform, at least in dati leumi, national religious circles. 

We don't have all the white tie vs black tie rules, for one.  There's even more freedom in the shoes we wear to even the most formal events, like weddings.  That's why I took these pictures at a wedding the other day.  Even though I spied a couple of young women in heels that would wow even in New York, most of us wore comfort over fashion, even with the fanciest of clothes.  And even though it was a very religious "separate seating" wedding, not all of the women wore stockings gasp!



Mazal Tov!  Enjoy in good health!

4 comments:

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

I love it - definitely the place for me! Shabbat Shalom!

Batya said...

B"H, we're waiting!

keren said...

You missed getting a few young girls in sandalei shoresh, or even bare feet!

Batya said...

True, but it isn't always easy to focus the camera on the feet.