Saturday, August 18, 2012

Traveling Kosher

The OU has an interesting article that includes all sorts of halachik tips for Torah observant Jewish travelers.  There are quite a few subjects included that I actually needed to know during my recent visit to the states.

It's done in quiz form and I actually got a decent grade from guessing.  I'm not a rabbi, so my guessing isn't based on systematic knowledge. 

I suggest that you take the quiz and let me know what you think of it.  Here are a couple of questions:

11. What should you do if you check into a hotel late Friday afternoon and realize that the rooms all have electric door locks?a. Stay in your hotel room all Shabbat.
b. Ask for room service.
c. Sleep in the hotel lobby.
d. Ask a non-Jew for assistance.

13. Can you eat in a vegan restaurant without a hechsher (kosher certification)?
a. Yes
b. Only if you really dislike meat.
c. No
d. Only on Rosh Chodesh.

No comments: