Monday, September 03, 2012

Keeping Busy, Ruthie Blum's Book Launch and More

Ruthie Blum, my husband and I
photo by Real Jerusalem Streets
Last night I joined many attending Ruthie Blum's book launch for  To Hell in a Handbasket: Carter, Obama, and the "Arab Spring."

That was after doing a full morning shift at Yafiz-Clothing for the Entire Family, Sha'ar Binyamin.  When I got to Jerusalem, I went to the Malcha Mall and shopped a bit, finally replacing our too "holey" jersey sheets and their too stretched out elastic.  Nothing lasts forever I guess.  I'm glad I found some new ones at Home Center which gladly accepted the shopping coupons I had been hoarding.  I had been hoping to find some new clothes for myself, but the budget is certainly happy that I didn't.

Paula put together a great Havel Havelim, and as she wrote, there are some great blogs out there to read.  Here are a few posts I've spotted from this week which may interest you:

Real Jerusalem Streets
Sharon's living in Jerusalem makes it possible for her to attend all sorts of fun events like the reopening of the Windmill

Seraphic Secret tells us Why Israel Doesn’t Trust Obama.

Caroline Glick reveals something of her private life.

Mystical Paths tells of a situation that also exists in my extended family, His Sons Are Not Jewish.

One of the things I enjoy about this pre-Rosh Hashannah season is hearing the shofar early in the morning from the various synagogues I pass.  The Rebbetzin's Husband hears it differently.

OK, now to get on with my day.  Please read, comment and share the posts I included here, and tell them where you found them, thanks.

No comments: