Monday, November 05, 2012

Havel Havelim Plus Some Memories

Paula, the Soldiers' mother has put together this week's Havel Havelim.  Take a look at it.  According to the official count, it's number 384.  Divide 52 into that and you get not give me a minute here to calculate... ok, that's about 7.38 years, considering holidays, when some weeks were skipped, that means that Havel Havelim is at least seven and a half years old.  But I think it's even older. 

I've been blogging since 2004.  I've posted 5,531 posts on this blog and 5,468 on Shiloh Musings.

…Strength to the Weary was my very first blog post.  I also used to blog to go over notes from classes I took.  I'd try to share them with my readers. 

Here's my very first mention of Havel Havelim.  As you can see, I didn't know how to link posts or anything.  In those days you needed to learn the code or have it written someplace and just keep copying it. 

By the time I hosted Havel Havelim #34, I seemed to have learned what I was doing.  You have to scroll carefully to find the embedding.  Most of the participating blogs no longer update or function.  I guess that makes me a sort of dinosaur of the Jewish blogging world.

I hope those of you affected/damaged/suffering from Hurricane Sandy are now fine, connected to electricity and getting all the damage repaired.  Some of my cousins have been warned that they'd have to wait a total of two weeks or so for full electricity.  They're camping out in all sorts of places.  I wish everyone good health and a hearty sense of humor.

No comments: