Friday, November 30, 2012

Time for A New Watch

A couple of years ago, I went to my favorite old-style real watch repair place on Betzalel Street, Jerusalem to get my Speedo watch repaired or battery changed.  I was given bad news.  It was irreparable, all rusted inside.  That was his proof, again, that there's no such thing as a fully waterproof watch.  Once you open it for the first battery to be replaced it can't be considered waterproof.

So, I bought a simple, cheap watch for ns70.  It lasted almost two full years.  The past few weeks I began to notice that the watch was losing time, so this week when in Jerusalem I stopped by again and picked out a new one. 

The price of his simple watches had gone up to all of ns80- with a year's guarantee.

At my age, a watch must be easy to read.  That's the only "style" I care about. 

No comments: