Saturday, April 06, 2013

Better than Nothing

I don't get to exercise enough.  It's my fault.  I don't make the time.  But I do try.  I refuse to accept the idea that you need to exercise at least twenty minutes to get full health benefits.  That "rule" won't make me exercise more.  It would only make me say:
"Don't bother."

That's why I say, even a few minutes of exercise can help.
It's better than nothing.

Just keep adding up the minutes and even the seconds.  And just do more, a few minutes here and there.

Let's just keep on encouraging each other, ok?

2 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

It's true that those minutes add up. Walking stairs instead of taking an elevator; cleaning house- whether it be sweeping or washing floors; hanging up, taking down and folding laundry; walking you shopping cart up and down the supermarket and then shlepping everything home. All of these moments of daily physical labor add up and I'm sure do a lot to help the body stay in tone.

Batya said...

Yes, Netivotgirl, even taking a few seconds here and there to contract stomach muscles or stretch help. And it doesn't cost money!