Thursday, February 20, 2014

Five 5 Shekel Food Place on Ben-Yehuda, Jerusalem, A Review

I finally made it to the Ben-Yehuda branch of the ns5 place, COFIZZ.  All items are just ns5.

I had a ns10 lunch, which was a tuna sandwich on a small roll with a bit of salad in it.  In addition I chose carrot juice instead of coffee.  The meal was surprisingly filling.  My lunch date had coffee and said that it was good. I tasted a bit.  I could taste the coffee but also the artificial sweetener she had added. I do not like those sweeteners; they taste like chemicals to me.




I took this picture to give you an idea of the size of the portions. In the picture over this one, you just see the sandwich and juice. They are in proportion to each other and don't look small. But here I want you to see how small the cups really are.  The sandwich was about the size of the palm of my hand.  If it's too small for you, then buy another.  It still will only be ns10, which isn't bad.




It's all clean and nicely set up.  Considering that portion control is one of my problems in keeping my weight down, so the smaller portions here are great.  This is the perfect restaurant if you're dieting or eat little.  And if you do want more, the price is right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to add something about the size: I sometimes treat myself to a sandwich when I'm out, usually on a large wholewheat roll (cost about 18 nis). One day the place I go to (not naming on purpose) had no whole wheat and I was in a rush. I'm limited also by not eating dairy. the only tuna sandwich was on a tiny "mezonot roll". i figured being half the size it will cost half. Wrong! I paid the same 18 NIS for this bite sized nothing as I do for my regular large sandwich. I really felt ripped off. Also, on King George there is a place selling sandwiches on tiny rolls for 10 NIS. so as you said - still a good deal!

Tzivia in AliyahLand said...

Great review! I should pass it on to my daughter and her seminary friends, who are on Ben Yehuda every day anyway. :-)

Batya said...

a, Tzivia, spread the word, thanks and share the post.