Friday, February 07, 2014

Fun and Healthy Food in Miami

I was in Miami for the very first time last week visiting cousins.  They took me all around; they really love their city and Dade County.

One of the places we went to, which wasn't all that far from their home, was a farm, Burr's Berry Farm, which not only sells its vegetables and strawberries, but for those interested you can pick your own berries and pay by the weight.

Since we had neither the time nor the need for such a quantity, we just bought produce from their stand.


The tomatoes were as ripe and tasty as those we buy in Jerusalem's Machane Yehuda Market, which is a great compliment.  I even found something to drink.


Yes, coconut milk.  Totally unprocessed and kosher.  They poke a hole in the coconut, stick in a straw and then I drank it.  I was disappointed that they didn't have the tools to break it apart so we'd be able to make a meal or good snack from the actual coconut.

More posts about my visit to Miami to follow, G-d willing.

No comments: