Monday, February 03, 2014

This Week's 52 Frames Challenge/Theme "Out of the comfort zone"

For me the timing was perfect.  I'm not home.  I knew I'd have to use new and different equipment to send my photo in, which is certainly "out of the comfort zone."

Here's my explanation:
I was so out of my comfort zone that I couldn't write an explanation when I sent it. On the smartphone I saw it as a close-up. I'm very, very new to using a smartphone as a camera, and I was certain that I'd never be able to post from it. In the end my cousin's 14 year old daughter helped me figure out what to do. I did guess right at times even before she did. But I couldn't do it alone. It's an LG, not the most advanced. I cancelled both the color and the flash. My father's dementia includes flashes of his old intelligence and I feel that this picture shows it. When he was "more himself" he wouldn't have dressed like this, so the shirt is an important part of the picture.
And here's the photo:


No comments: