Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Couple of Advantages of Wearing Multifocal Eyeglasses Part 1

 Well, as you know I've been suffering this past year juggling two and sometimes three pairs of glasses, reading, distance and sunglasses. I've reached the absurdity, thanking G-d my kids couldn't see me, wearing two vision eyeglasses simultaneously at classes when the lecturer looked blurry and I still had to read.


Then I finally made an appointment at the Hadassa College Optometry Clinic where they train  and practice.


I went there a few weeks ago for an exam, then went to their opticians, chose frames and then last week picked up my new glasses.


I use clip-on sunglasses, since having the special ones that darken are too expensive for me.
I was all psyched up that it would take a long time to adjust, but Baruch Hashem, thank G-d, besides some reading trouble, they are great.

So far the two best things about multifocals are:

  • I'll be able to wear necklaces as fashion accessories since I no longer have reading glasses on a string. Those reading glasses had been my "necklace" for almost twenty years. I'm glad to retire them.
  • I find wearing the multifocals so natural I forget they are on.  I feel young again, because I no longer have to change glasses and then suddenly think I'm going blind, because I'm wearing the wrong ones.  It was really getting me down.
If you have anything to add to my list, then feel free to add it in the comments, thanks.

No comments: