Sunday, March 16, 2014

One of Those "Just Seconds Before Shabbat" Stories

As I was about to light my Shabbat Candles my husband plugged in the platta, electric heating plate full of Shabbat food, and the lights all went out.  I looked out the window and said:
"This is just us. Other people have electricity. Check the fuse box."
So we pulled up the switch and this time I tried plugging the platta into the other outlet by the stove. Again, the electricity went. I handed him the cable and said:
"Run next door to Moshe. He's a caterer.  No doubt he has an extra cable or platta  to lend us."
A minute later my husband came back with a big black platta with a cord.
"He said that nowadays, there aren't detachable cables."
So, my husband quickly transferred everything to the borrowed platta, plugged it in and we had a wonderful pre-Purim Shabbat.  BARUCH HASHEM, AND THANKS TO WONDERFUL NEIGHBORS!

Our neighbor Moshe catered the Sheva Brachot we did for our son and his wife this summer.

Photos by Linda Fairman

No comments: