Saturday, July 26, 2014

The War is Getting to Me

Yes, it is. Tonight I just can't concentrate on what I have to do. I should be putting together this week's Havel Havelim, the weekly international Jewish blog carnival which I've agreed to host. And later on the week I also have committed myself to the do monthly Kosher Cooking Carnival.

Living in Shiloh, I really can't complain. In many ways the war which I'll call "Complete the Mission! Sayyem et HaMissimah! סיים את המשימה" is really far away. OK "far" by Israeli standards of distance. We've never heard the boom of an enemy missile. The Hamas Gazan Arab terrorists don't have us in their rocket launcher sights. B"H, bli eyin haraa, they aren't aiming at us.

But we can't ignore the war. There isn't a family here that doesn't have someone intimately involved in this war, whether a soldier, son, daughter, relatives, friends etc. Whether they're fighting in Gaza or living in Ashkelon, everyone is in danger. We all feel it.

Sorry for the kvetch.

If you have posts to send in for either of the blog carnivals, please send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com. More information is on our facebook pages, Havel Havelim and Kosher Cooking Carnival.

G-d willing may this be the week of our great victory over the enemy Gazan Hamas Arab terrorists.

5 comments:

Adela said...

No need to apologize for being stressed out about the war. Its all we can talk about here in Brooklyn. I know this sounds crazy but if I could afford to come to Israel right now I would just so I could help out, volunteer, something. I spend a lot of time reading various news outlets and websites educating myself on this conflict. There are a lot of ignorant people around here who blame Israel. Be well, and stay safe.

debby L said...

It is getting to all of us. I am stressed out now. This is the first year all of my annaul health tests came back no so great. I am 61 now. But the good news, I have my daughter here on leave and her boyfriend is coming to spend a week here with us. And my son from EU is coming in, so I should be happy. And I am, but at the same time, my b mind always goes back to Israel and what is happening. I believe I will have to come there soon. It is painful watching it, I rather be living it. Shalom

Debby L said...

sorry for the mispells- I meant to say my annual physical didn't come back perfect, and that upsets me. I take my health for granted. As a famous rocker once sang, what a drag it is getting old"

Leora said...

I am having a hard time concentrating on other things, and I live thousands of miles away from the conflict.

I start blog posts in my head, and then I get online and read news articles instead of writing the posts.

Be well.

Batya said...

Leora, Debby L, Adela,
Thanks for the "hugs"