Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Unwinding, Impossible, Downside of Night Shift

I'm tired today and have a very full day planned.

Last night I got back very late from work. We worked later than usual. I had more responsibilities than usual. At least I had a ride back to Ofra with a fellow-worker. And then two tremps later I was home. But it was late.

I can never just go to sleep when I get back home. I tried to unwind. I turned on the television and immediately there was something that bothered me. So I blogged it. And I checked the computer, emails etc. I figured that since I was up, I'd make today's lunch.

Even though I hadn't planned on working this morning, I will be working. That's why I made lunch. I had planned on an easier day, a leisurely time at the pool and then to Jerusalem to see my new granddaughter and her parents, maybe see a friend and then meet visiting relatives for dinner.

I ended up agreeing to work this morning because another worker has a family emergency/commitment. And I ended up discovering that the "closing procedure" at the end of the workday had sort of fallen on me. I'm not all that experienced at that responsibility.

I almost never fall asleep easily and quickly after night shift. Actually, I can't remember having a quick and easy sleep after night shift, so last night was no exception. My mind goes hyper, and I can't turn it off.

I hope to get myself functioning well enough to go to the pool for a few minutes, but I have a feeling I won't. I'm just too tired.

On with my day, G-d willing.

No comments: