Monday, September 15, 2014

Framed! A Great Photographic Challenge

For this week's 52Frames photographic challenge, there was the composition theme "framed." The shot I submitted wasn't planned in any way. I just noticed the interesting scene in the bus mirror and shot it.


My other idea wasn't planned either. It was a cropped picture I took at a wedding last week.


It's a very different type of "framed." I asked for advice from people from the group, and two out of three went for the mirror, while one voted for the wedding photo.  What do you think? Please comment your opinion, thanks.

10 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

I kind of thought the lap shot was a bit creepy and invasive. I much prefer the wedding photo.

Batya said...

Pesky, yes which is actually a reason I thought it suited 52frames. But it was barely liked.

Rose said...

I liked the mirror pic.

Batya said...

Rose thanks. So not perverse?

Rickismom said...

A bit creepy (howevet that is from OUR view....it doesn't show anything the wearer wasn'tt showing already!) It definately fits the theme better.

Batya said...

Rm true but holds the eye in the photographic sense

Adela said...

I like both. The wedding picture looks mystical.

Batya said...

Thanks, they are such very different photos. I just thought the mirror was more attention-grabbing, which is necessary considering 200 other photos are fighting for "likes."

Pesky Settler said...

I think the photo was barely liked because while the composition of the photo is unique, the QUALITY of the photo isn't that great. It's very soft, just on the border of being fuzzy/out of focus.

I think you should spend a bit of time playing with the settings on your camera (and/or reading up about it online and looking for tutorials and 'hacks') so you can really get sharp photos.

Batya said...

Pesky, thanks for the honest appraisal. There was a sharper one but less interesting. I was too afraid to disturbing the driver on the difficult Ma'ale Levona drive, so I didn't hold the camera carefully. I snuck the shot.