Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pre-Passover Inventory Time

Yes, it's that time of the year. Think of it also as saving money before the heavy Pesach, Passover expenses. Check what you already have enough of, so you don't find yourself with more chametz, the food forbidden on Passover, when the Holiday begins.



I generally post photos of my freezer, yes, my small fridge freezer. Sometimes I'm totally amazed at what has been stored away all year waiting for a special occasion. I used to check around Purim, a bare month before Passover, but now we're just two at home and the freezer is larger than it was way back when the house was full of kids and guests.

I really should have started emptying it out around Chanuka, but I forgot. Now it's early in Shavat, and I have two months to go.

Finishing up the food makes for interesting menus.

1 comment:

Tzivia in BreadLand said...

This post has been included in the Adar Kosher Cooking Carnival (KCC) over at Adventures in (Kosher) Breadland... and more. Stop by, discover some other great blogs, and get involved in the next one via facebook.