Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Easy and Tasty Egg Salad Sans Mayonnaise

 I stopped buying mayonnaise a few years ago when my husband had to lose weight. We hadn't used all that much mayonnaise, but there really wasn't any need for it. The only time is when I find myself with hardboiled eggs in need of being made into egg salad. A few times I used catsup, which gives it a nice flavor.

But this time I felt the need for something even nicer and more interesting. For the same meal and guests for whom I had boiled the eggs, which had hardly been eaten, I also made techina. It is much, much healthier and tastier than mayonnaise, and it has some similar characteristics.

As you can see in the photo, I cut up a delicious ripe tomato and added it with the techina and eggs. I simply mashed it all with a fork, and then I added just a bit of castup.

I used it as a sandwich filling for my husband to take to work. I didn't hear any complaints. He is not shy about complaining about my cooking.

This is much healthier than the classic egg salad made with mayonnaise. Enjoy!


Tzivia in AliyahLand said...

Heads up! This post has been included in the weekly roundup of all things bloggy and Jewish, Haveil Havalim, hosted over at Adventures in AliyahLand. Come on by and take a look!

Batya Medad said...