Thursday, July 02, 2015

Best Deal for a Tuna Salad in Jerusalem

You'd think from all my restaurant reviews that I eat out all the time. Actually it isn't so. When I need to get something to eat, I do look for real food and low prices. And I have been spending Tuesday nights in Jerusalem a lot, to make it easier to get to my Matan class early Wednesday morning. But it's now summer, so I don't have the class until after the Jewish Holidays in the fall.

A few weeks ago, I was in Jerusalem on a Tuesday night and couldn't find a dinner partner. Since I was in Machane Yehuda to get some fruit, I passed the Angel Cafe Bakery on Jaffa Street and noticed the menu posted outside. 

They offered a Tuna Salad for ns19.90 if I remember correctly. It was a bit smaller than the ns24.90 at the Ne'eman a few blocks away on the corner of King George and Jaffa. I discovered that it didn't come with a roll, meaning that you paid less and got less, but that was perfect. I didn't need extra salad, and I didn't need a roll at all.


It was tasty and fresh and the perfect size. To make things even better, there were a few tables available for sitting, so I had a very pleasant dinner.




I'm sure that it wouldn't cost much to buy a roll if you want one, but I was very happy not to have one. Yes, definitely recommended. They said that they had just recently begun selling ready-made salads. Enjoy!

No comments: