Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Eggs and Veggies, Easy, Healthy Meal

The other day, since I hadn't eaten my usual onion omelette for breakfast I decided to allocate my daily two eggs for my dinner at work protein. I cooked them over lots of sauteed vegetables, which I made in my usual large, covered frying pan.




There's great flexibility in this sort of recipe, and if you don't have fresh vegetables, you can use frozen ones.

  • onion
  • garlic
  • tomato
  • squash
  • mushroom
  • eggs
  • a bit of oil for the sauteeing and to help the body absorb the vitamins from the vegetables

I always cook on a low flame and cover it. Generally, I turn off the flame just before it's "ready" and let it complete cooking from the heat in the pan.

This makes an amazingly filling meal and has absolutely no carbohydrates at all. I find that cooked vegetables fill me up better than anything else. This is a very healthy meal.

This can be served any time of the day and travels well. Add salt, pepper and any herbs you like. I cool it well in the freezer before taking it to work with me.

No comments: