Sunday, September 27, 2015

Getting Ready for Succot!

The custom is to start getting the succah built after Yom Kippur, but many people start earlier, and some do it all at the last minute. There have been signs of Succot approaching for weeks in Jerusalem, Shiloh and Sha'ar Binyamin. Those are the only places I've been to of late.

I must admit that I'm very glad that building a succah is not my responsibility. I'm happy being responsible for all other aspects of the holiday preparations, cooking, even cleaning etc. At most I may decorate the succah, but even that isn't all that hard. It's just a matter of time. We have a big box of decorations that go up pretty quickly. Either I'll get it done, or I won't. And if you're curious, the best and cheapest (free!) decorations are old Jewish Calendars, which various organizations send out for free. Just use the pretty pictures. Here are a few photos of Succot preparations I've taken. Enjoy!


Like a "doll house," this is a child-sized succah!

reflected succah decorations






Chag Succot Sameach!

No comments: