Thursday, November 19, 2015

Savta/Grannie Time, Seeing A Play!

Even though most of my grandchildren live pretty close by in Ofra, I don't see them all that often. Remember that I'm still working part-time. When they were little and I was teaching, I managed to spend a lot more time with them. That's how they know, at least understand, English so well. It's not that they are fluent or answer me in English, but when I visit and speak English to them, they generally understand exactly what I'm saying. At times, the older ones translate amazingly accurately, for the younger ones.

The other day I went to spend the afternoon with them, especially the youngest, who, on that day of the week, finished Kindergarten before the big ones finished school. So I got her a treat and made her lunch. Then we went off to see a play that was being put on. The kids loved it.





I could see that she was totally mesmerized by the actor and his one-man show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a great safta. time with grandchildren is precious, and i feel that exposing the theatre to them is a real gift.

Batya said...

Thank you. I try and wish I could do more.