Sunday, January 24, 2016

New French Press and New Coffee!

My old French Press seemed about to crack, so I trashed it, and it took awhile to get a new one, since they are very expensive (ns100+ which is at least $25 or double?) here. Buying one was high on my "must buy" list when I went to the states a few weeks ago. I knew that they were about $20.

HomeGoods
I was not too good about looking at my shopping list, so towards the end of my visit while in Scottsdale/Tempe, Arizona I noticed a store that seemed to have potential. We were in a rush. My sister said that she had never been in it, so I promised to run in very quickly and only look for a French Press. I hadn't noticed any when wandering around Target, and I wasn't going to buy from Starbucks.

Imagine my surprise; they had them and the price was amazingly low. Yes, that's $7.99, and even the original price is only $16- for an 8 cup size. If I had a larger and safer suitcase I would have had bought more than one.


My suitcase is soft, so packing something so breakable was a challenge. But, B"H, it survived the trip. And one interesting thing in the instructions I hadn't paid attention to in the past. They recommend taking apart the filter after each use.



And today was the day for finally drinking the coffee I had bought. I just had to decide which one to open first.


In the end I opened the archer farms French Roast, Dark Roast. And when googling I discovered that they actually ship to Israel, which is something to think about.


Nu, you must be wondering how it tasted. Good, smooth. And yes, strong, so I can use a bit less and still get a full flavor.

PS after using it twice, I'm sure that it's label of 8 cups isn't accurate, unless you're talking tiny demitasse size. It's not the end of the world for me, since cutting down a bit from two full giant mugs to two giant mugs only about 2/3 or 3/4 full still means a lot of coffee. No, in case you're wondering, I don't have high blood pressure, bli eyin haraa, Baruch Hashem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home Goods is a wonderful place! It has all sorts of great houseware items at a fraction the cost of other retailers. It's owned by the same company that runs TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

Batya said...

Thanks for the info. Glad to know.