Monday, June 20, 2016

Kiddie City Memories

For many of us who grew up in Northeastern Queens, NY, in the 1950's and early 1960's  Kiddy City amusement park was a favorite place to be. There were all sorts of rides and treats from simple merry go rounds to bumper cars to spinning cups, roller coasters and more frightening rides in which we were strapped in tightly. 

I am not quite sure when it closed down, but every time I pass its location, on the LIRR Northern Line after Bayside going east, I think of all the fun I used to have there.








4 comments:

Ellen said...

I *loved* going to Kiddie City with my dad in the mid-50s! I especially loved the bumper cars when I was old enough to drive my own car and bump my dad's! Great memories!

Batya said...

Thanks for adding yours to my post.

DenverChuck said...

I worked in the Treasure Island restaurant through HS and college. Hard work and a great fun!

Batya said...

What years, if I may ask...?