Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Those Coin-Operated Laundromats

My sister and I found ourselves having to do the wash in some Long Island laundromats.  Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed like we were the only two adults chatting in English.  I don't know how long the other customers have been in New York/ the USA but it was pretty clear that we were the minority there.






People were helpful when we seemed confused, since neither of us have recent experiences in laundromats. The only time I remember being a customer/user was when we lived in London for two years in the mid-1970's, and we didn't have a washing machine in our apartment. Then I'd take all the clothes, including  dirty diapers down the street aways and wash and dry them all.

Using laundromats is sure expensive after a while....

No comments: