Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Totally Delicious "One Pot" Fish Meal

I figured out how to keep the fish (salmon) nice and moist when cooking it up, actually baking, this "one pot" meal. I made all this for me and my husband to eat the second night of Rosh Hashanah. When we're home I serve fish, since there's a limit to the amount of meat and poultry one should eat in a two day period, and since you're not supposed to heat up the food until after you light candles, barely an hour before we eat, the fish heats up very quickly. I use an electric hotplate, which stays on all of the holiday, just like on Shabbat.


As you can see, I cut up potatoes, carrots, onion, pumpkin and a nice sized squash. The squash was a bit larger than the pieces of fish. I made four slices of squash lengthwise and then sandwiched the fish, plus sliced onion, between the squash slices.

Before baking in a moderate oven I dribbled some oil, but no other spices. Of course you can add whatever herbs and spices you like.


It was a very successful, delicious and easy to make meal. If you try it, I'd like to hear how it came out and how you changed this to suit your needs.

No comments: